As the Covid-19 crisis continues to evolve, Tekta UK remain open for business to serve customers & industries providing vital services such as pharmaceutical production, food & beverage production, logistics, and healthcare equipment manufacturing.
First and foremost is the safety of our site engineers as they are on the front line of caring for the needs of these key industries. Therefore we are proactively and thoroughly liaising with our clients and the engineers themselves to ensure a thorough plan is in place for each job to follow social distancing rules and minimise any risks.
Additionally, we have put procedures in place to ensure that no staff with illness or symptoms attend any customer sites and that employees who are regarded as high risk or with high risk members of their household are self-isolating.
During the current uncertainty Tekta UK would like to reassure all stakeholders that we are committed to a proactive plan to react to the situation and support all parties.
Our three core aims throughout this are to;
1) Take necessary precautions to ensure the welfare of our staff & community and prevent the spread of the virus,
2) Ensure minimal disruption to the service we offer our clients
3) Safeguard the future of our business to emerge from the other side even stronger.
Our thoughts are with all those affected by this tragic health crisis and we are determined to continue supporting those who are providing essential services to the nation at this time of immense suffering, anxiety and hardship for so many. Stay Safe.
In addition, we have taken the following actions:
- Management are monitoring & complying with government & NHS guidelines & policies, and communicating changes to all staff.
- We have put in place a Covid19 response system to clarify the action steps, should an employee be diagnosed with the disease.
- Office staff are working from home to reduce the risk of infection but remain available to serve our clients.
- We have put a site working and response plan in place, and are in regular communication with our site Technicians regarding their hygiene practices & health monitoring, & ensuring they comply with site rules in every way as well as carrying out our own risk assessments.
- Inevitably there is some disruption to our supply chain due to logistics difficulties at borders, we are proactively monitoring this & encouraging open & transparent communication with our suppliers & customers.
- We have been reaching out to our customers to check on their Covid19 plans, allowing us to proactively plan for any site lockdowns or changes in procedures.
- Various worst-case scenarios are being modelled & our business contingency plan is in place & being continuously improved as the situation develops.
- We will be monitoring the situation regularly, staying positive, & updating our processes as required.
Our 24/7 Emergency callout service remains open for our customers, many of whom play a critical part in keeping the UK going with medical supplies, food & drink.
Once again, we are fully committed to looking after our staff & customers at this difficult time. This is also a good time to remind ourselves of the part we all play in our communities & to offer any support & encouragement we can to those in need.
We would like to take this moment to thank you again for your support & stay safe.