Rapidor Freeze is a unique dual-curtain high speed freezer door system for high-use freezer doorways, with two PVC fabric curtains in one frame with a central 250mm airlock providing an effective insulated zone between positive & negative temperature areas. An efficient warm air blower maintains the temperature of the zone to prevent icing up whilst minimising running costs. The door also includes a heating kit for the side guides and motor, allowing the door to be used successfully at temperatures as low as -35°C.
The Air system integrates a vertical air curtain into each side track of the door. Each side has an air intake & outlet which creates highly effective separation between two environments when the door is open. This design creates a double air curtain barrier across the doorway and recirculates air instead of creating turbulence like a conventional air curtain.
The integration of these two systems is a patented world-first and creates a new type of freezer doorway solution that is as effective at maintaining separation between positive & negative temperatures whether the door is open or closed. The air curtain system effectively prevents the most damaging and dangerous problem with freezer doorways – ice build-up from when warm air enters the freezer when the door is opened.
Rapidor Freeze doors also have a self-repairing design with a soft-bottom edge, meaning that if the door curtain is hit by traffic then it will automatically reinsert itself back into the tracks when next operated. This helps to greatly reduce the cost of maintenance and repair with no downtime or emergency callout costs. The doors fast operation of up to 1800mm/second also ensures that productivity is enhanced and the reduced cycle time helps to reduce energy bills.
I am really impressed with the quality and design of the doors from Tekta
The revolutionary design of the Rapidor Freeze Air high speed freezer door means it is the best solution for any industrial freezer doorway in cold storage, chiller/cooler or freezer facilities, but particularly for high usage doors or where there is a large difference between temperature or humidity either side of the doorway.
- Integral air curtain means it is the first freezer door system to give effective separation between zones even when open
- High speed ensures efficiency and low cycle time for reduced running costs
- Multi-function control panel enables many operation & automation options
- Self-repairing feature minimises downtime & repair costs
- Wide range of colour options available
- Excellent insulation performance for effective separation of positive and negative temperatures
- Tested to 1,000,000 cycles for guaranteed durability
- Reduces energy costs for cold storage areas through innovative design
- Allows safe traffic flow between areas with high temperature difference
- Can be installed in both positive or negative temperatures and still operate effectively